Genetic test in Hong Kong 基因檢測
Genetic tests are done by analyzing small samples of blood or body tissues. They determine whether you, your partner, or your baby carry genes for certain inherited disorders.
What is a Genetic Profile Test ?
Your DNA can reveal a lot about your own personal health and wellness. Getting an overview of your DNA helps give more accurate recommendations to prevent early onset and to give appropriate action on reducing the risk of developing diseases.
A personal DNA Genetic Test helps reveal and understand how a your genes influence your daily life. The test gives insight into genetically determined physical characteristics and abilities. With this information, it is much easier to focus attention on any genetic susceptibility to certain diseases, thus making risk reduction, prevention of disease development and timely treatment possible.
Through Personal DNA Genetic testing, adjusting dosages of medications according to what your DNA needs is also possible, which improves the safety and efficacy of your therapy. The test also helps provide further information about the hidden characteristics of your body, enabling you to understand your body better and know how to act in accordance to your body’s needs.
Who should take the Genetic Profile Test ?
- People with a family history of certain diseases
- People who regularly take medications that are typically tested for
- People who want to take proper preventive and early medications to avert development of diseases and undergo timely and successful treatment for any diseases found
- People who want to adjust their diet according to their genes and their body’s ability to metabolize certain food
- People who want to adjust their physical activities in accordance with their genetic makeup: targeting the specific areas that need more improvement than others
- People who want insight into their advantages, risks, and hidden characteristics
Why should I take a Genetic Profile Test ?
- To gather more information to determine the appropriate action and lifestyle changes that need to be made
- To encourage more frequent visits to the doctor that could aid in early detection of diseases and timely treatment if any diseases are found
- To predict how well the body can respond to suggested treatments with certain medications
- To enable people to see their physical abilities and characteristics that are not easily visible
- To learn more about the body’s ability to metabolize various kinds of fats and to gain knowledge on one’s unique muscular build-up
When should I take a Genetic Profile Test ?
If you have never taken a DNA test, it is best to take one immediately to get a better understanding of your body’s needs and genetic makeup.
How does it work?
A Genetic Profile Test is done by analyzing a saliva sample.
2) 360° Lifestyle
What is a 360° Lifestyle Test?
Everyone has a different body - what might work for you may not work for someone else. Your body’s needs are different from everyone else’s, simply because each person’s genetic makeup is unique. Taking a 360° Lifestyle Test is an important step in the process of discovering what your body needs: a key factor in determining the healthy lifestyle and optimal diet plan best-suited for your body.
A 360° Lifestyle Test says so much your body - from the genetic makeup to what it really needs. Other things you can find out about your body from a 360° Lifestyle Test include:
- Ideal weight for your body
- Inherited eating habits
- Rate of aging (compared to the average population)
- Which minerals, vitamins, and micro- and macro-nutrients your body needs
- Inheritance of high cholesterol, high blood sugar, weak bones and/or are prone to being overweight
- Your body’s metabolism rate for alcohol, caffeine, and lactose
- Best-suited workout program for your body
- The specific needs, optimal diet and lifestyle that your body needs in order to improve health, well-being and overall quality of life
Who should take a 360° Lifestyle Test?
Everyone should take a 360° Lifestyle Test . However, people from the following list should especially take one:
- People who want to achieve their optimal body weight
- People who want to reduce the risk of developing some of the most common diseases in recent times
- People who want to achieve greater vitality and beauty
- People who want to maintain a healthy and youthful appearance
- People who wish to follow an optimal exercise program
- People who want to adapt to a diet and lifestyle in accordance with their genetic makeup
Why should I take a 360° Lifestyle Test?
There are several health benefits that come from taking a DNA Nutrigenetic test. A few of them include:
- Evaluation of your body’s response to the basic types of nutrients (carbohydrates, saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Calculation of the genetic risk for lacking the most important vitamins and minerals
- Rating of the individual properties that are important for optimal physical training
- Learning about the muscles and determining which sports activities are best suited for your body
- Establishing dietary and lifestyle guidelines based on the findings from your genetic makeup
- Food intake recommendations based on the principles of a healthy diet that don’t include restrictive methods of weight loss
When should I take a 360° Lifestyle Test ?
You should take a 360° Lifestyle Test before beginning any kind of health and wellness program to maximize your time and efforts to get optimal results.
How does it work?
A 360° Lifestyle Test can be done through collecting a saliva sample.