Fertility hormone test clinic in Hong Kong
A fertility blood test is used to measure your hormone levels and is usually the first fertility test that your doctor will prescribe if you are finding it difficult to conceive and suspect that you may be infertile.
What is a fertility hormone test?
Infertility has become a growing concern as more couples encounter difficulties in getting pregnant. Although almost half of all infertility cases can be caused by physical causes - like the inability to produce an egg or issues with uterine lining - there are still several infertility cases with unknown causes. In those instances where physical causes are not present, infertility in women could also be caused by a hormonal imbalance.
A fertility profile provides a thorough evaluation that can help identify any problems that are related to hormone imbalances that could affect infertility in women. This will help determine which hormones need to be addressed in order to treat the infertility. Some kinds of hormones that could be imbalanced include:
- Ovarian reserves (LH, FSH)
- Thyroids hormones (TSH, TPO)
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
Who should get a fertility hormone test?
- Women who have irregular cycles or fertility issues
- Women who have been trying to get pregnant without success
- Women who would like to be proactive in their preconception planning by getting a baseline screening
- Women who are under the age of 35 and have tried to become pregnant for one year
- Women who are over the age of 35 and have tried to become pregnant for six months
- Women who have had a miscarriage
Why get a fertility hormone test?
- To identify and treat hormonal imbalances that could affect fertility in women
- Early detection can help women address the issues and determine if more specialized care is needed
When should someone get a fertility hormone test?
- Before preconception planning
How does it work?
- Blood spot samples are taken on the 3rd and 21st days of the menstrual cycle
- Testing through saliva samples
- Personalized recommendations and effective solutions will be given to the individual based on the fertility hormone test results