Thyroid Imbalance Test
What is a Thyroid Imbalance Test?
Thyroid dysfunction is usually under-diagnosed, which can lead to a wide variety of symptoms. Thyroid production can be influenced by wide factors - from hormone imbalances to mineral deficiencies and environmental pollutants. Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can both cause health issues to our bodies.
Levels of key thyroid hormones can indicate whether there is thyroid imbalance. Thyroid and elements testing can test the key thyroid hormones and elements in a simple setting.
Hormones that will be tested:
- Free T4
- Total T4
- Free T3
- TPOAb – Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies
- Tgbn – Thyroglobulin
Who should take a Thyroid Imbalance Test?
- Individuals over the age of 50
- Anyone with a family history of thyroid disorders
- Children who have Down's Syndrome
- People with autoimmune disorders, especially those with history of autoimmune thyroiditis
- People with weight gain or inability to lose weight even with exercise and diet
- People feeling cold all the time
- People with low energy level or stamina
- People with dry, thinning and itchy skin
- People with hair loss
- People with insomnia
- People with dry or brittle hair or nails
- People with low sex drive or menstrual irregularities
- People with water retention
Why should one take a Thyroid Imbalance test?
- To get to the root problem of thyroid disorders
- To determine possible effects of nutrition deficiencies or exposures to environmental pollutants on thyroid function and other health issues
How does it work?
A Thyroid Imbalance test is analyzed through a blood spot or dried urine sample.
When should one take a Thyroid Imbalance Test?
If you are experiencing any of the aforementioned symptoms, it is best to take the test immediately.